What is the PowerUp School Challenge?
Schools in the St. Croix Valley... now can Power Up with the PowerUp School Challenge! The 4-week PowerUp School Challenge engages and inspires kids to PowerUp their bodies with fruits, veggies, and physical activity! The Challenge is available free to public, charter, or private schools in the areas surrounding Stillwater MN and Somerset WI as part of the Lakeview Health's PowerUp initative.
How does the PowerUp School Challenge work?
PowerUp provides everything your school needs to do the Challenge!
• Radio Disney kicks off the challenge with a 45-minute, high energy, super fun assembly.
• The assembly message: Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables, and be active every day!
• Students will receive a PowerUp tracker! Students can track their active play along with how many fruit & veggies they eat!
• Teachers will remind children to track on a daily basis with fun lessons and reminders.
• Students turn in completed trackers at the end of each week.
• Each student will also get a Parent Pack with take home information and a PowerUp backpack!
At the assembly, each child will receive a PowerUp backpack!
This backpack includes:
• PowerUp Tracker: to keep track of how many plays they have and how many fruits & veggies they eat!
• Activity Book
• PowerUp Family Tips